Needs Assessment of Trade and Trade-related Assistance for Lebanon
|Proportion carried out by candidate||:
|Number of staff provided||:
|Name of client||:
|Origin of funding||:
Detailed description of project :
The overall objectives of the Trade Needs Assessment (TNA) are to assist Lebanon :
- to mainstream trade matters in its development policy and strategy
- to benefit more from trade
- to participate more effectively in the multilateral and regional trading system
- to facilitate donor co-ordination and catalyse additional funding in the trade area.
The specific objectives of the TNA are :
- to summarise and analyse the main constraints for Lebanon to benefit from trade
- to comprehensively articulate its needs in the area of TRA to facilitate more systematic engagement of different stakeholders
- to outline a prioritised action plan towards removing the constraints
- to identify appropriate linkages to agricultural development
- to identify specific actions to be part of a trade-related assistance programme, by assisting the government incorporation of poverty and gender issues in TRA and its action plans.
- to increase awareness and understanding in the area of TRA through broad consultations throughout the assignment.
The government of Lebanon particularly those bodies involved in trade policy making and implementation, non-state actors involved in trade matters and the international or bilateral development agencies involved in trade related assistance.
- The identification of all the constraints that Lebanon is facing in participating in the world trading system.
- A proposed strategy to overcome these constraints, taking into account that its objectives and results must have an orientation to Development, i. e, aligned with Lebanese poverty reduction measures.
- A set of recommendations on how to integrate poverty reduction measures into a national development strategy.
To download :
Project summary LBN.12.08 (PDF : 36.5 kb)