|1. Name :||ROCHER|
| 2. First names :||Joseph|
|3. Date of birth :||14/10/49|
| 4. Nationality :||French|
| 5. Civil status :||Married|
| 6. Education :|
|Institution||Degree(s) or Diploma(s) obtained :|
|Higher Business School - St-Etienne 1969-1975||MBA Master|
|European Community Commission 1988||Second placed candidate in a European Community Commission Exam : Principal Administrator Degree in the DG VI - Division "Agriculture - International Affairs"|
|Italian||2||4 ||4 |
Bruges Group : http://www.groupedebruges.eu/
Good practice of Power Point, Word, Excel, File Maker.
Senior Expert on Aid for Trade (former Directorof RONGEAD - specialized on Aid for trade technical assistance - www.rongead.org (Annual Budget : EUR 1 000 000)
37 years (total professional experience)
• Extensive International experience assessing and designing trade-related assistance in Developing Countries and Countries in Transition including Trade Regulation and Trade Promotion : Trade-Related Assistance (TRA) Report (identify and summarize all TRA actions by donors and providers); Matrix of constraints and of Needs, Analytical Trade Profile, Draft Action Plan; Set of Recommendations.
• Extensive experience with evaluation and monitoring of large and regional trade-related programs : conducted the mid-term Evaluation of the EU-China Trade project (€20,000,000) as Team Leader in 2007.
• Regional Economic Integration : Effective and homogeneous implementation of : CET, customs code, rules of origin, customs valuation, transit, common competition policy, regulatory and institutional framework of standards and quality control, reducing transportation costs and non-tariff barriers, business environment, etc.
• Led Technical Assistance projects aiming at :
- Enhancing analytical skills of Developing Countries to prepare national and regional positions related to WTO negotiations and to maintain coherence with RTA (Regional Trade Agreements) negotiations.
- Enhancing capacities in production, processing, marketing and export promotion.
|Country||Date (from to MM/YY)|
|Central African Republic and Central African Region||Sept 2010 - April 2011|
|Ivory Coast||Sept. 09 2010|
Jan. 07 - Dec. 10
Apr. - Dec. 06
Apr. 04 - Mar. 09
|Burkina Faso||Jan. 09 - Dec. 12|
Jan. 1980 to Mar. 1980
|Cameroon||Jan. 2011 |
Sept. 1973- June 1975
|Chad||May - Nov 06|
|Sudan||Dec. 04 - Jan. 05|
|Seychelles||Oct. 06 - Jan. 07|
|Tanzania||May - June 1997|
|NORTH-AFRICA AND MIDDLE EAST (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Yemen, Lebanon)||1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011|
|CENTRAL ASIA (Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kirghizstan, Tajikistan)||2004, 2007|
|ASIA (China, Viet Nam, Cambodia, Lao PDR)||1993, 2000, 2007, 2009|
|SOUTH CAUCASUS (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaïdjan)||2005-2006|
|EUROPE /Balkans (Serbia and Montenegro)||2006|
|NORTH AMERICA (United States, Canada)||1988, 1994, 2009|
|SOUTH AMERICA (Brazil)||2000|
CV Joseph Rocher - European format (pdf) (PDF : 549.8 kb)