Cédric RABANY - AGRONOMIST
| Sector : ||Agricultural Advisory Services, Value Chain, Monitoring and Education|
| 1. Family name : ||RABANY|
| 2. First name :||Cédric|
| 3. Date of bith : ||May 12th 1978|
| 4. Nationality : ||French|
| 5. Family status :||Married|
| 6. Education:|| |
(Date from - Date to) :
|Degree(s) or Diploma(s) obtained:|
|Université Ethnologie Lyon 2, 2001-2002||Bachelor of Ethnology|
|Institut Supérieur d’Agriculture (ISARA) - Lyon - France, 1998-2002 ||Master of Science|
7. Language skills : Indicate competence on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 - excellent; 5 - basic)
| Language ||Reading||Speaking||Writing|
| French|| 1||1||1|
| Spanish|| 2||2||2|
| English|| 2||3||3|
8. Membership of professional bodies:
9. Other skills:
- MS Office, MS Project
- Monitoring and Evaluation (PCM methodology)
- Basic use of GIS / GPS
- Profound knowledge of the organic and fair trade sector (IFOAM methodological approach, FLO standards)
- Experience in experimental vegetable analysis
10. Present position : Deputy Director, RONGEAD
11. Key qualification :
- Project manager specialised in rural development
- Extensive experience as project manager and researcher on agrofood chains related project
- Deep technical expertise in the following sectors:
- Agricultural Advisory Services : training of trainers and Local Service Providers, design of pedagogical tools and vulgarisation strategies
- Value Chain development : cashew and sesame sector, high ended markets (fair trade, organic), good knowledge of contracting farming, cooperation with agribusiness private sector
- Good methodological skills in Facilitation of workshop, Training of Trainers
- Excellent knowledge of Project Cycle Management, at all steps of the cycle
- Communication skills & ITC : Market information using SMS technology, Data collecting and analysis, Blogging for ex. ‘Make Cashew not War’
- Broad knowledge and experience in many ACP countries including Ivory Coast, ...)
12. Professional experience : see CV
13. Other relevant informations :
- Article: "Agriculture at Cancun: a divide between the North and South?" in Global Initiative Briefing [read the article].
- Study: "The Agreement on Agriculture: NGO’s and farmers unions’ positions: strategies and patterns" [read the summary].
- September 2010 : Maputo, Mozambique, Speaker during the 5th African Cashew Alliance Conference.
- June 2004 : XI CNUCED, Sao Paulo, Brazil, Organisation of workshop for Ethical Sugar.
- September 2003, Cancun: The 5th Ministerial Conference of WTO: attending different workshops and producing a report on the farmers unions and NGO’s positions.
- February 2003, Geneva: International NGO’s, farmers, churches and researcher’s workshop on agricultural policies and international trade (organised by Institute for Agricultural and Trade Policies).
14. References :
To download :
CV C. Rabany - European format (eng) (PDF : 117.9 kb)